I regularly receive emails from readers with all sorts of questions and requests. This one caught my eye:
Hello Dr. Opalo,
My name is [redacted] and I am a senior in high school in Kansas City, MO. I am currently working on an exhibition regarding poverty in sub Saharan Africa. My essential question is: What are the factors that contribute to ongoing poverty in sub Saharan Africa. I was wondering if you would be willing to answer a few questions to assist me in my research.
1. How would you describe the current state of poverty in sub-Saharan Africa?
2. What can be done to solve the feminization of poverty?
3. Is Time Poverty a large factor in ongoing poverty and how can time poverty be solved?
4. How can safety be maintained in sub-Saharan Africa through policy?
5. What can an average American do to help end poverty?
Thank you for your time!