Dear readers, apologies for the sparse blogging over the last couple of weeks.
Being a third year PhD candidate, yours truly is in the middle of getting the dissertation prospectus approved before going to the field this summer and beyond (not to mention grading and writing end of term papers).
Regular posts will resume in early June.
In the meantime I’d like to share with you my advance summer reading list:
- Dambisa Moyo’s new book: Winner Take All.
- The history of medieval Africa.
- Warfare in African History.
- Political Topographies of the African State.
- Party Politics and Economic Reform in Africa’s Democracies.
- Sean Hanretta’s book on Yacouba Sylla and Islam and Social Change in French West Africa.
Expect a review of Boone’s Political Topographies in early June.